"The most trusted preschool education for your
little prince and princess"

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ball Game.....

Friday night my hubby called me at 5:00 p.m. and said "Let's take the kids to a ball game".  Not wanting to be a spoil sport I said sure, let me get two kids out of the tub and dressed, get the house picked up, and get myself  dressed!  He said "be ready when I get home".  Needless to say we ran as fast as we could to get ready!
The kids were super excited, I however knew that baseball and an almost two year old toddler do not go hand in hand.

We purchased the Family 4 Pack- (could someone tell me why everything comes only as a 4 pack?  You never see a  family pack of 6) any way--the Family pack was 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 drinks, and a souvenir mini-bat- all for $56.00-yikes!  We were told that the younger two kids could sit on our laps and they could get in free.

Enter the stadium~ why can't men ask for directions???  Instead of asking the attendant to show us our seats. hubby wanted to do it himself, which led to him telling someone that they had our seats, she insisted she had the right seats- finally he asked- we had the wrong seats ***blush***.  We were shown our seats and we all squished in- it wasn't full so thankfully all the kids except baby girl had their own seats.

After two minutes of sitting, everyone proclaimed to be hungry so I got to be the designated food getter.  I made the mistake of first going to get the free souvenir bat, then went and waited in line to get our food.
Thank goodness some of it was free!  I shoved the bat in my back pocket, and then proceeded to carry 4 drinks, four hot dogs, and two fries back to my hungry crowd.

We ate the yummy food- hot dogs always taste better at the ball park!  Then I gave the 4 kids the 1 bat souvenir- can you say mistake!  The poor lady in front of us accidentally got hit with it a few times, before it got taken away.

Here are few reasons I don't like baseball games:
  • they take way too long
  • I am scared to death someone is going to get hit by a ball
  • all the alcohol that it being drank~ hello, these people then get on the road and drive!
  • did I mention they take way too long
We were on the third base line, so I was a nervous wreck, there was nothing to stop the ball from hitting anyone, and at one point someone did get hit by a ball only it was along the first base line.
At some point a lady sat down behind us and proceeded to tell her whole life's story and all it's problems in detail to her friend, as LOUD as she could.  I was so close to turning around and telling  asking her to be quiet, thankfully I don't think my kids heard her, but my ears were burning!  My hubby said- "that was no lady!" that's how crude she was.

Three hours into the game and I am on my sixth trip up and down to either the bathroom or just to let the little one walk around~ I was so ready to go home, but as luck would  have it they announced it was Friday night and Friday night is Fireworks! 
As I am sitting there with the toddler girl who is getting grumpier and grumpier my lap begins to feel warm~ yes, you guessed it- the diaper has started to leak!
Now I really want to go home!  To the dismay of my three older kids who are enjoying the game we decide we had enough baseball for one night~ we bribe the kids with ice cream instead of fireworks and headed home!

Lesson learned- do not take an almost 2 year old to a baseball game!

3 comments:

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

You are a good sport. I love men, seriously? Be ready when I get home? See what they don't seem to understand is that the getting ready is the hard part. Right now in fact I have to go get my 3 kids ready for hockey. Coming to hockey and lacing up a pair of skates is not the hard part my dear participating hubs. The hard part is getting three wriggily little boys dressed, padded up, and into the car. Oh and I'm still not dressed yet...

Thanks for stopping in to make my SITS day so spectacular. Your time and words mean the world to me.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's for Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Oh yeah, one last thing. I hear ya on the family four packs...does me know good either. I'm your newest follower.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's for Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Joyce said...

Stopping by from SITS. How ironic. My comment was right underneath yours, and I am a teacher in Tennessee. Thanks for the shout out to teachers. We are out of school today because of flooding...nothing close to my house, but a lot of people are in a mess. I completely relate to your baseball post. As they say, been there done that. Have a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails