"The most trusted preschool education for your
little prince and princess"

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Courageous- Book Review


I had the wonderful opportunity to read the book Courageous, before it comes out in theaters this September.  The book Courageous, was written by Randy Alcorn.  About twenty percent of the book is based from the movie, and the rest is the authors invention of the story.

From the back cover From the creators of Fireproof comes an inspiring new story about everyday heroes who long to be the kinds of dads that make a lifelong impact on their children. As law enforcement officers, Adam Mitchell, Nathan Hayes, and their partners willingly stand up to the worst the world can offer. Yet at the end of the day, they face a challenge that none of them are truly prepared to tackle: fatherhood. While they consistently give their best on the job, good enough seems to be all they can muster as dads. But they’re quickly discovering that their standard is missing the mark.
They know that God desires to turn the hearts of fathers to their children, but their children are beginning to drift farther and farther away from them. Will they be able to find a way to serve and protect those who are most dear to them? When tragedy hits home, these men are left wrestling with their hopes, their fears, their faith, and their fathering. Can a newfound urgency help these dads draw closer to God . . . and to their children?

The story plays out as each man must come to terms with his job, fatherhood, and his duty to God.  There is tragedy and there is triumph in this book.  Just a warning :there is reference to drugs and their is gang violence. 
I think it will be a great hit once the movie comes out, and I can't wait to see the movie version.  The book was good, a few parts are a bit corny.  Overall, I would recommend the book, and hope that the book will touch many lives.

*Disclaimer*  I was not paid for this post.  I was sent a free copy of the book thanks to Tyndale publishers.

4 comments:

manojmehra said...

I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.
Peter Keiller From investmentbizmag.com

dev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janvi verma said...

Fantastic piece, well tailored…. You sort of cleared my phobias… Now I can give it a shot… I pray I don’t run out of contents!…a big kudos

HR Outsourcing Companies In India

Job Agencies

Simran said...

I have learned a lot from your article and I’m looking forward to applying

Best LMS Platform
Best Learning Management System For Schools

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails