"The most trusted preschool education for your
little prince and princess"

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday's Topic

Television
I have 4 children that are ages 1 through 8.  It is getting harder and harder to make them all watch the same type of programming.
The one year old is not interested in t.v. so she is not really a problem. My three year old is a t.v. addict, but that is a topic for another day. 
The problem is the older two, who are 6 and 8, don't want to watch Dora, and Noggin anymore.  We don't let them watch a lot of different channels. We do not watch Hannah Montana or any of those types of shows.  Pretty much the only cartoons allowed are what's on PBS or Noggin.  Since being at my parents house they have been sneaking some of the old cartoons, like Tom and Jerry, Scooby-doo etc.  
I don't think I am being wrong in wanting to protect them from the garbage on television, but yet I want to be fair too.
They do get to watch a few shows such as 19 Kids and Counting, some cooking shows on TLC and the Food Network.
So the question is what do you let your "older" kids watch, and how do you keep the balance between the older kids and the younger kids and what they get to watch and not watch?



2 comments:

Tickled Pink Twice said...

We don't allow Hannah Montana or some other shows on Nick Jr. I'm sad that my almost 7 year old doesn't have interest in Noggin but I can't blame her. We just think some shows/cartoons depict attitude and not being nice. Glad we aren't the only ones.

Stopping by from SITS.

Becky said...

We do a lot of DVDs and little to no TV. We don't even have cable...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails