"The most trusted preschool education for your
little prince and princess"

Friday, January 22, 2010

Some Tips when buying or selling a home

If you have been following my blog very long, you will know that "big" things have been going on in our family. If you are new to my blog you can check the back links here and here. The short story is we have moved from Texas to New York, though we aren't in New York yet, but staying with my parents until we sell our house. Yes, that's right the four kids, myself, and my hubby have invaded my parents house~ we must sell our house!
With all that being said, I thought I would share some tips dealing with selling or buying a home.

If you are going to be selling your home here are a few things to remember:
  1. Take it down! You are going to be moving anyway, so get it off the walls and pack it up.
  2. Clean, Clean, Clean~ nobody wants to go into a dirty house. (When we were looking at houses, it was amazing that people didn't clean up before we went in.  Trust me nobody wants to see your dirty underwear on the floor~ yes, I actually went into a house, and had to step over the dirty clothes!)
  3. Leave the house when someone is coming for a showing~ nothing is more awkward then meeting the seller of the house!
If you are going to be buying a home here are a few things to remember when going through homes.
  1. Be on time! Nothing is more irritating than having a scheduled showing and the people being late or even early.  I had people show up an hour before they were supposed to be there, as well as an hour after the appointment was scheduled.
  2. Do NOT let your kids go crazy in someone else's home- it's not yours yet!  Don't let them eat food in the house when on tour! I do not enjoy cleaning up your kids cheeto's~after I spent all day cleaning it!
  3. Do NOT use the bathroom~ someone used ours, and I knew this because the man left the toilet seat up~ yuck!
Well those are the things that have irritated me these past few weeks~hopefully our house will sell soon and we can go to part 2~ building our new home!


1 comments:

Julie said...

Good advice! I'm hoping to sell my home in the next year (or two if market doesn't improve)! I've already begun my "deep cleaning"!! :)

Hope your house sells soon!

Stopping by from SITS... have a blessed weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails