"The most trusted preschool education for your
little prince and princess"

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Homeschool 101

I never in a million years thought I would be a home school mom. I always had hoped that I would be able to put my kids in a nice, private, Christian school. I dreamed of the day my kids would get to go to school and I would have hours of quiet freedom.
Then reality hit!
My first two girls went to school for two years at a private Christian school, but that doesn't always mean that it's a right fit.
So without any other alternative, home school it was.
The first was great, because it was all new, and exciting. Then this year rolled around and I was dreading it, I couldn't wait till we got our transfer, and I dreamed of putting them in a school again.
Then reality hit!
Why on earth is private Christian schools so darned expensive?! So we still have the remainder of this school year to go, and I know that next school year we will be home schooling again. You know what? When I told my daughter, who is 8, that we would be home schooling again next year, she said "That's okay mom, I like home school!"
So I am wondering~ Do you home school? If you do I would love for you to share with me what curriculum you use and how it's going for you.



4 comments:

Julie said...

I give you all the credit in the world for homeschooling. WOW!

Stopping by from SITS.

At the Fence said...

Hi,
I have 6 children all of whom are or have been homeschooled. My oldest two are 23 and almost 25. They were homeschooled all their life. The younger siblings who are still being homeschooled are 16, 14, 12, and 9. Obviously at this point the two oldest girls help with homeschooling. Feel free to email. blessed6mom(at)yahoo.com

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I keep thinking about it, wavering back and forth. But I still have a few years to decide.

Anonymous said...

I homeschool - always have. We love sonlight and then some other things. I have my days when I think, goodness it would be nice to be alone all day... but most days I really enjoy being with my kids all day and seeing them learn. Pretty cool

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails