"The most trusted preschool education for your
little prince and princess"

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Everything (almost) In Its Place- Book Review

Are you one of those people that is super organized?  I used to be, then I had kids!  Seriously I love to organize and my motto is "everything in it's place, and a place for everything".  Then life happened, kids, hubby, moving- LIFE.  With all that goes on in a day of homeschooling and taking care of kids, and now blogging, things were starting to get a little messy out of place. 
Then I was sent a copy of Everything (almost) In It's Place by Alicia Rockmore and Sarah Welch.  They are the creators of Buttoned Up.  This book could not have come at a greater time in my life!  Since we have just moved, and into an apartment no less, there was plenty of disorganization in our home.  Trying to put everything away and not let it stack up was a huge chore.  Then I started reading the book Everything (almost) In It's Place, I felt like it was written just for me!
A brief glance into the book:
Busy lives can be messy – bills, mail, and catalogs pile up; appointments, school activities, and kids’ sports events need to be scheduled and attended; the endless clutter of clothing, toys, and belongings can threaten to take over any home. To the rescue come Alicia Rockmore and Sarah Welch – with a system that will get you organized without having to make everything perfect.
Everything (almost) In Its Place presents a new approach to organizing that is adaptable to any home. It is flexible and effective but you are not required to color-coordinate your closets or be able to eat off of the kitchen floor. You will learn to let go of perfection, keep things neat enough based on what’s important for you and your family, and get other people (husbands and kids) to pitch in so everything isn’t always on Mom’s shoulders.
Loaded with effective strategies, Everything (almost) In Its Place will teach you to get organized enough to get things done, get to where you (and the family) need to go and still have time for some rest and relaxation.

This book simplifies organization for you.  In this book you will find simple ways to get your life, home, and family organized.  I really appreciated the tips and steps that are listed.  They share three secrets to getting Buttoned Up:
1. You don't need to be perfect.
2. You don't need to do everything on your lists.
3. You don't need to do everything yourself.
These are three things I need to repeat to myself daily!  I am a bit of a perfectionist and only like things done my way. 
I have to say after reading this book I could go back to chapter after chapter and say "that's me".  I can honestly say there are several things listed in the book that I need to do to make my life easier.  
Two examples for me are:
Not doing everthing myself- my kids are not liking this!  After reading this I have really stepped up the fact that "everybody" can clean up after themselves- even my one year old.  I put this in to practice the other day, after play time, I got everybody a bucket and a specific group of toys and all four of my kids cleaned up, and they had fun doing it ( they thought it was a race).
Organizing your email:  Some of you are thinking, you don't organize your emails? Honestly I never thought about.  But now I have filed my emails and it is making my life easier- and I am spending less time sifting through junk that was wasting my time.

I would definitely recommend that anyone who needs to get organized, or anyone that just wants to make life easier get this book.
You can purchase the book on the Buttoned Up website here for $11.50.
The Buttoned Up website is full of great products so be sure and check them out.


 ***Disclaimer*** I was not paid for this post. I was provided a free copy of the book.  Thank you to Buttoned Up for providing the review copy.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails